Tuesday, September 25, 2007

week 9, thing 23 ~ summary!


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My absolute favorite discovery was the animated poetry by Billy Collins on YouTube. So amazing. In general I just enjoyed learning about new programs and services that I was not previously aware of.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I want to continue to remain as savvy as possible in terms of my awareness and familiarity with the Internet and Web 2.0. This program definitely helped me out with that goal. It would be nice to do this sort of thing perhaps as often as once a year in order to keep up with that ever-changing world.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
When I first heard that we would be participating in this program, I thought that it would be really easy. However, several of the 23 Things were totally unfamiliar to me and I ended up having difficulties with several of them. I quickly realized that it really takes effort to stay informed about new programs and services on the Internet.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
The only thing I would suggest is to consolidate the instructions so that there aren't so many links and places to look for information. When I began the program I was a bit disoriented because it seemed like the instructions were very spread out.

And last but not least… If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
yes!

No comments: